WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT
March 22, 2020
Covid Spiritual Warfare Prayer, 20 Ways to Pray
1. For the sick and infected: God, heal and help. Sustain bodies and spirits.
Contain the spread of infection.
2. For our vulnerable populations: God, protect our elderly and those suffering
from chronic disease. Provide for the
poor, especially the uninsured.
3. For the young and the strong: God, give them the necessary caution to keep
them from unwittingly spreading this
disease. Inspire them to help.
4. For our local, state, and federal governments: God, help our elected
officials as they allocate the necessary
resources for combating this pandemic. Help them to provide
5. For our scientific community, leading the charge to understand the disease
and communicate its gravity: God, give
them knowledge, wisdom, and a persuasive voice.
6. For the media, committed to providing up-to-date information: God, help them
to communicate with appropriate
seriousness without causing panic.
7. For consumers of media, looking to be well-informed: God, help us find the
most helpful local information to equip
us to be good neighbors. Keep us from anxiety and panic, and
enable us to implement the recommended
strategies, even at a cost to ourselves.
8. For those with mental health challenges who feel isolated, anxious, and
helpless: God, provide them every
9. For the homeless, unable to practice the protocols of social distancing in
the shelter system: Protect them from
disease, and provide isolation shelters in every city.
10. For international travelers stuck in foreign countries: God, help them
return home safely and quickly.
11. For Christian missionaries throughout the world, especially in areas with
high rates of infection: God, provide them
with words of hope, and equip them to love and serve
those around them.
12. For workers in a variety of industries facing layoffs and financial
hardship: God, keep them from panic, and inspire
your church to generously support them.
13. For families with young children at home for the foreseeable future: God,
help mothers and fathers to partner
together creatively for the care and flourishing of
their children. For single mothers and fathers, grow their networks
14. For parents who cannot stay home from work but must find care for their
children: God, present them with creative
15. For those in need of regular therapies and treatments that must now be
postponed: God, help them to stay patient
16. For business leaders making difficult decisions that affect the lives of
their employees: God, give these women and
men wisdom, and help them to lead self-sacrificially.
17. For pastors and church leaders faced with the challenges of social
distancing: God, help them to creatively
imagine how to pastor their congregants and love their
18. For college and university students, whose courses of study are changing,
whose placements are cancelled,
whose graduation is uncertain: God, show them that
while life is uncertain, their trust is in you.
19. For Christians in every neighborhood, community, and city: May your Holy
Spirit inspire us to pray, to give, to love,
to serve, and to proclaim the gospel, that the name of
Jesus Christ might be glorified around the world.
20. For frontline health care workers, we thank you for their vocational call to
serve us. We also pray:
God, keep them safe and healthy. Keep their families safe and
God, help them to be knowledgeable about the diagnosis and
treatment of this disease, as well as the
God, help them to stay clear-minded in the midst of the surrounding
God, deliver them from anxiety for their own loved ones (aging
parents, children, spouses, roommates).
God, give them compassion for every patient in their care.
God, provide for them financially, especially if they fall ill and
are unable to work.
God, help Christians in health care to exhibit extraordinary peace,
so that that many would ask about
the reason for their hope. Give them opportunities to proclaim the gospel.
Return to the Top of the Page